Thursday, January 06, 2011

The sun has set and a soft rain has begun to fall. It floats through the glow of the street lights, sparkling as it covers the city. Wet fairy dust. I love the rain.

The hours between sunset and dawn, my favorite time, lures me with her mystery and soothes me with her peace.

Lady Day's harsh, shining light,shocks my eyes and burns my skin. She is necessary for survival but the moon is my friend.

I long to stand on the beach under a full moon listening to the roar of the ocean. Feel the power of the tide and tip toe through the waters of the great flood. Bathe in history.

My heart beats with the rhythm of the earth.

Forest draws me to itself. Cool, green stillness wrapping protectively around me.
A living fortress,mighty, secret keeper. Intruders Beware !
My name sighs through the leaves. I belong.

The music of life, an invitation to dance with wild abandon.
Freed to fly I kiss the stars, embracing the Universe.

I am a caged bird with a dream.

2 comments:

Tonya London Willman said...

I love this!!! It gives me a wonderful feeling. (not easily done at this moment!!! <3 T
I am embarrassed to say I did not realize (or remember....OMGosh..about your blog.. what is wrong with me?) I am putting on my blog favorites immediately!!!! So much Love!

Tonya London Willman said...

OMGosh...I see I am already a follower....Amnesia...I plead amnesia......T